From studying 1000’s of people over the last 11 years, I realised that successful people have a number of things in common.
I want to share one of these with you right now.
They all have an early morning ritual.
All the great leaders of today have an early morning ritual they engage in without fail every day. Before their work day even begins.
This gets their body, mind and spirit all fired up at the beginning of the day. It also sets the tone and intention for the rest of that day.
By starting your day with a positive ritual you will get yourself in the right space and place. It will set you up for your day ahead.
- Have a think for a moment. What do your mornings look like? Write down what the 1st two hours of your day look like.
- Now look back at what you have written down. This is your morning.
- Do you take time out to get yourself in a great frame of mind before you step into your day?
If not, adopt a ritual.
I have researched many different rituals and tried out lots of variations.
An Example Ritual
This is one ritual that the majority of my clients use.
It takes place within 10 minutes of waking.
1. Exercise to wake up your mind and body. By doing this first, you will feel energised and ready for the day ahead.
2. Visioning time. Focus on your bigger goals and envision your life as you want it to be. Look at your goals and design your day to take you one step closer to your goals. Prioritise, analyse and decide on how you will spend your day and who you will connect with. Everyday take one step closer to your dreams.
3. Engage in learning – videos, books etc. By doing this everyday you will advance your knowledge and skills.
4. Meditate to get quiet, centre and ground yourself. Take the time to quieten your mind and to connect to your intuition. Taking a few minutes everyday to meditate, will totally transform the way you live your days. You will be noticeably more productive, focused and make fewer ill advised choices.
The key is to do this ritual every day. Be consistent with practising your routine. This will give you maximum benefits and you will see immediate changes in your business and personal life.
You may find that this ritual doesn’t work for you. I encourage you to experiment with different elements and timings. Try things out and tweak. Find a ritual that works for you.
Just remember… to begin each day with your ritual.
Early Morning? Really?
Now, I said EARLY morning routine.
Aim to get up at least 1 hour earlier than you currently do to integrate a ritual into your morning routine.
It may be challenging for the first 30 days. You are changing a habit and provided you are consistent with the time you wake, you will notice a new habit forming.
When you rise early, you will notice a few things.
- You will notice most of the rest of the world are still asleep. There is something magical about being up and working on yourself before every one else is awake.
- By rising early you will set yourself apart from others.
Not a Morning Person?
Here are a few ideas:
- Start telling yourself that you ARE a morning person. A simple thought but so powerful.
- Before you fall asleep run the thought ‘wake up, get up’ through your mind.
- Start with little steps like setting your alarm for 30 minutes earlier each week. A gradual process to rising earlier. This will result in a sustainable lifestyle change.
- Identify your motivation for getting up earlier. This will help on those days where you want to sleep in.
The Most Powerful Time Of Day
Hugely successful people know that those few hours early in the morning are the most powerful hours of the day. They will set you apart from your competition and propel you to success – if you use them wisely.
If you choose to use these hours to catch up on your emails or to start work earlier – you have missed the point entirely.
This time is about you. This is the time to look at your life, your goals, your beliefs, where you are in your life and this is the time to focus. It is about learning, its about nurturing yourself, its about connecting you to your inner voice, its about delving into your thinking, your beliefs, your patterns, your characteristics and exploring your vision, your dreams and your legacy. It is about creating the life you want and not letting life pass you by.
Introducing a ritual into your day will be a game-changer. It will change everything in your life. You will become more focused, energised and take big strides to achieve your vision.
That is the power of ritual.
ABOUT GINA BATTYE
Described as “Britain’s equivalent to Oprah Winfrey”, Gina Battye is one of the world’s hottest rising stars.
Gina is an internationally sought after & award-winning spiritual teacher & author, creator of Soul Quest™ and THE LGBTQ advocate in the spiritual world.
Gina Battye is here to do the Soul Work with those that are ready to begin their journey to discover who they really are.
Soul Quest™ is a 6 month, hands-on self-discovery programme for spiritual, heart centred women who want more confidence, self-belief and self-esteem.
Confidence, self-belief, worry, anxiety, self-esteem and self-worth. No stone is left unturned.
For more about Gina’s Soul Quest™ visit http://www.ginabattye.com