Here are my top tips to reduce holiday stress:
- Get outside. This is great to refresh your body, mind and spirit and will enable the kids to run around in the fresh air. While they are running around you will have some time to reflect and relax. It will also give you space to be mindful.
- Think in abundance! Think about all the things you love and what you want in your life (not what you don’t want!) Get out of the scarcity mentality: that money is limited, that resources are hard to come by etc. Get out of thinking about how little you have. This will send you on a downward spiral. Keep thinking in abundance.
- Plan in exciting things for you to do as a family. You can do things on a budget or even for free. You don’t need money to do great things. Why not look into museums, galleries and parks that you can visit locally.
- Use positive affirmations and focus on the positive behaviours your kids exhibit. This will lessen the stress you feel and may help them to change their behaviours towards each other. Change your mind-set around this or they will drive you crazy over the holidays!
- Plan your time. Know when you will work and when you will spend time with the kids and your partner. This is essential if you want to achieve work-life balance in the holidays!
- Worry time. Set aside 15 minutes in the evening to think of all the things that have bothered you throughout the day. When you start to worry in the day, stop and store it up for later. In the 15 minutes in the evening, think of all the things you set aside to worry about. When the 15 minutes is up, stop and think about all the things you are grateful for in your life.
- Give yourself some self-time. This is vital for your mental, physical and spiritual health. Decide when you will have that time and don’t move it. Treat it like an appointment with yourself. Do something in this time that nourishes you, you enjoy or helps you to relax and feel inner peace.
ABOUT GINA BATTYE
Described as “Britain’s equivalent to Oprah Winfrey”, Gina Battye is one of the world’s hottest rising stars.
Gina is an internationally sought after & award-winning spiritual teacher & author, creator of Soul Quest™ and THE LGBTQ advocate in the spiritual world.
Gina Battye is here to do the Soul Work with those that are ready to begin their journey to discover who they really are.
Soul Quest™ is a 6 month, hands-on self-discovery programme for spiritual, heart centred women who want more confidence, self-belief and self-esteem.
Confidence, self-belief, worry, anxiety, self-esteem and self-worth. No stone is left unturned.
For more about Gina’s Soul Quest™ visit http://www.ginabattye.com