How many times have you walked through the door after a day at work and breathed a heavy sigh?
One that resounds heavily in your ears as you sit with a cup of tea and contemplate your day.
Juggling a career, family life and a hectic social calendar can test even the most advanced multi-tasker. And let’s face it; life is filled to the brim with multi-tasking and fitting in ‘ just one more thing’.
But wait, it doesn’t end there. Maybe you have responsibilities of care for ageing relatives too. Oh and don’t forget there is the cat to feed and the house to keep clean.
Life in the western world is fast paced, plugged in at every moment of the day and can be pretty chaotic.
There is no wonder stress is hugely prevalent, with employee sickness going through the roof, and work-life balance being, erm, unbalanced to say the least.
How do you find a moment of calm and peace amongst all the noise?
Maybe you don’t. Maybe you simply live each day, one moment at a time.
If you leave stress and work-life balance alone and don’t give it another thought, you will eventually go on a downward spiral. And whilst spiral staircases look great, it is not one you want to go down.
The starting point is raising your awareness of what is currently going on around stress and work-life balance in your life.
Identify what makes you feel stressed. Plan for these occasions by stating 3 strategies you can implement to reduce the impact of stress in these situations.
Think about work-life balance. How much time do you spend at work and how much time do you spend on ‘life’. If you feel it is out of balance, consider 3 ways you can pull it back and reclaim the time.
By raising your awareness you open yourself up to a bigger life. Not only will your relationships improve and you will feel healthier and happier, the universe will respond to the energy you put out into the world and opportunities will open up right in front of you.
Once you have raised your awareness, you can implement tools and strategies into your daily life that will make a big impact.
Here is your guide to inner peace in a charged up world.
- Nurture yourself every day. Make it your focus to exercise, eat good quality healthy food and drink plenty of water.
- Create pockets in your day to take time out and experience the quietness. Whether it is heading out for a 5 minute walk during your lunch time, observing people walking by or reading a book in the canteen – create these pockets.
- Find ways to relax, during work and at home. Maybe it is by closing your eyes at your desk and focusing on your breathing for a few minutes, running a bath with candles burning and soft music playing when you get home or cuddling your pet as they greet you. Find what works for you and do it regularly.
- Listen to music to lift your mood, energy and vibration. Choose music that really pulls you up and nurtures your soul to the very core. And if you feel the urge to dance, do it. Don’t hold yourself back.
- Develop an early morning ritual; something you do to start your day with purpose. Take time out alone to centre, ground and get your body and mind working.
- Define your vision, for your life. Once you know what it is you want to achieve you will be able to prioritise your day, activities and actions and know which decision to take when you reach a fork in the road.
- Journal regularly. Write down your blockages, fears, worries and negative thought patterns. By naming them you are taking away their power. Shift the focus by thinking about solutions, positive aspects of your life, the abundance you have around you and the gratitude you feel for what you have. Focus on these positive aspects and stay focused on them throughout the day.
Developing inner peace in a charged up world takes patience, commitment and faith. All 3 qualities you have in abundance.
Start by raising your awareness of stress and work-life balance and then commit to 30 days of implementing the strategies and tools outlined in the guide above.
ABOUT GINA BATTYE
Described as “Britain’s equivalent to Oprah Winfrey”, Gina Battye is one of the world’s hottest rising stars.
Gina is an internationally sought after & award-winning spiritual teacher & author, creator of Soul Quest™ and THE LGBTQ advocate in the spiritual world.
Gina Battye is here to do the Soul Work with those that are ready to begin their journey to discover who they really are.
Soul Quest™ is a 6 month, hands-on self-discovery programme for spiritual, heart centred women who want more confidence, self-belief and self-esteem.
Confidence, self-belief, worry, anxiety, self-esteem and self-worth. No stone is left unturned.
For more about Gina’s Soul Quest™ visit http://www.ginabattye.com