“One of these days I will…”
How many times in a week do you catch yourself saying this phrase?
And how often do you think this to yourself, whilst you are trying to snatch a little time between appointments, responsibilities and day to day chores?
Whether it is related to achieving your life vision, home improvements or getting to the thing you most want to do in your career, unless you bring it to the forefront of your mind, it will forever stay on the back burner.
Do you know where you are heading – in life, in your career and in your relationships? Have you defined your dreams and vision clearly to know where you are heading?
How many of your hopes and dreams are sitting on the back burner, pushed down the priority list in favour of your children, partner or colleagues needs?
As Paulo Coelho says “One day you will wake up and there won’t be any more time to do the things you’ve always wanted. Do it now.”
Once you have defined your vision and made a decision to follow it relentlessly, the universe conspires to make it so. All your energy and focus will be on it and you will see opportunities and possibilities open up right in front of you.
A lack of direction is the major cause of drifting along, not lack of time. We all have the same number of seconds, minutes and hours in a day.
Are you using time wisely?
Follow these guidelines to unleash your full productivity.
- Preparation is fundamental.
– Define your vision. This is vital for time mastery.
– Look at your vision at the start of every day and ask yourself what can you do today that will take you one step closer to it. Focus your intention and mind on your vision and you will quickly see time mastery in action.
– Prepare in advance for your work day. Start off by reviewing tomorrow today. Ask yourself, which of these leads to my vision and what can I delegate? Consider what you have in the diary. What will you need? Do you have all the files out and ready to go for your appointments? Do you need to take anything in to your meetings? Get everything out and ready for your day in advance.
– Food. There are not many healthy options available on the run. Why leave your energy and concentration levels to chance? Prepare your meals and snacks and take them with you to make sure you have all the energy you need.
- One of the biggest time wasters is your email inbox. Get out of your inbox. Your inbox is full of other people’s agendas. Don’t get stuck in other people’s agendas. Focus on your own. Only be in your inbox when you are working on your agenda. Then dedicate a time in the day where you will respond to other people’s agendas.
- When you have a project or piece of work you are engaging in, be present in it. Switch off from your connection (phone, email, notifications on social media) and focus solely on the task at hand. Be ‘All In’ not ‘Half-Out’.
- Set boundaries in all aspects of your work. For instance:
– To avoid disruptions and distractions throughout the day, implement a flag system. This could be a coloured flag or piece of card stuck to the top of your computer monitor to show when you are available to talk. Red means ‘do not approach’. Green means ‘happy for you to come over.’ Be in control of your interactions and don’t leave them to chance.
– Be in charge of your diary and set it up as you want. If you want to dedicate time for healthy eating, schedule in time to eat lunch and snacks. Then communicate that to your team, if they schedule for you.
– Define your expectations of your clients in advance of working with them. Let them know what you will offer and when and how they can contact you.
- Perfectionism. Aim for ‘complete’ not ‘perfect’. This is a big time waster. If you receive feedback to warrant tweaking something, then do. If not, aim to get it out there. It is better out in the world than not at all.
- Enlist help from others. Don’t try to do it all. Do the work that you are great at and delegate the rest. Pay for external help and support if needed rather than waste your time learning something that isn’t in your skill-set.
Start today – define your vision and be relentless in pursuing it. By implementing the strategies above you will take back control and take strides towards your vision. Make the decision to unleash your productivity today.
ABOUT GINA BATTYE
Described as “Britain’s equivalent to Oprah Winfrey”, Gina Battye is one of the world’s hottest rising stars.
Gina is an internationally sought after & award-winning spiritual teacher & author, creator of Soul Quest™ and THE LGBTQ advocate in the spiritual world.
Gina Battye is here to do the Soul Work with those that are ready to begin their journey to discover who they really are.
Soul Quest™ is a 6 month, hands-on self-discovery programme for spiritual, heart centred women who want more confidence, self-belief and self-esteem.
Confidence, self-belief, worry, anxiety, self-esteem and self-worth. No stone is left unturned.
For more about Gina’s Soul Quest™ visit http://www.ginabattye.com