Here are 6 thoughts on how to take time out:
- How do you spend your day? Note down all the activities and the time that you take to do these. This will highlight what you do during the day, how you spend your time and allow you to see where you can make changes. It will also help you to look at work-life balance and life balance – to see if any tweaks are needed.
- Identify 3 things you did yesterday that you could easily leave out of your day or tweak.
- Identify 3 things you want to do instead. Here you may want to write a ‘What I Like List’ and draw upon it for inspiration when you have a few moments to yourself.
- Replace the 3 things you don’t want with the 3 things you do want.
- Schedule time for you into each day. Think about what time of day you will have self-time and what you would like to do in this time. If you are unsure, refer back to your ‘What I Like List.’ If you are prone to not taking the time out, ‘schedule an appointment’ with yourself and treat it like you would a meeting with a colleague.
- Find opportunities for quiet time in every day. Turn technology off, introduce a quiet hour with the kids or get up an hour earlier. Use this time to enjoy the quiet and peace all around you.
The key thing is to remember to ensure you take time out for you every day. This will help you to stay grounded, feel inner peace and reduce stress. You will even find you are more present in the time you have with your family as well as being more mindful.
ABOUT GINA BATTYE
Described as “Britain’s equivalent to Oprah Winfrey”, Gina Battye is one of the world’s hottest rising stars.
Gina is an internationally sought after & award-winning spiritual teacher & author, creator of Soul Quest™ and THE LGBTQ advocate in the spiritual world.
Gina Battye is here to do the Soul Work with those that are ready to begin their journey to discover who they really are.
Soul Quest™ is a 6 month, hands-on self-discovery programme for spiritual, heart centred women who want more confidence, self-belief and self-esteem.
Confidence, self-belief, worry, anxiety, self-esteem and self-worth. No stone is left unturned.
For more about Gina’s Soul Quest™ visit http://www.ginabattye.com