Here are 6 ways to live in the present moment:
- Leave work behind. Put your work mobile on silent or even better, switch it off! Place your laptop out of sight and activate your out of office reply.
- Focus only on what you are doing at this moment in time. Engage all your sense and really enjoy the moment.
- Tune out all the distractions around you. Focus solely on you, who you are with and what you are doing.
- Do just 1 thing at a time. Don’t try to multi-task. Give each thing you are doing your full and undivided attention.
- Focus on your breath. This will instantly focus you and bring you back to the present moment.
- Be aware of your thoughts. Notice how often you think about the past or future. Awareness will bring change.
The key thing is to remember that your mind WILL wander and you will find you aren’t living in the present moment to start with.
Don’t beat yourself up about this. Accept that this will happen and when you realise you have drifted, slowly bring your attention back to the present moment.
In time, you will find it easy to live in the present moment, to feel inner peace and grounded.
ABOUT GINA BATTYE
Described as “Britain’s equivalent to Oprah Winfrey”, Gina Battye is one of the world’s hottest rising stars.
Gina is an internationally sought after & award-winning spiritual teacher & author, creator of Soul Quest™ and THE LGBTQ advocate in the spiritual world.
Gina Battye is here to do the Soul Work with those that are ready to begin their journey to discover who they really are.
Soul Quest™ is a 6 month, hands-on self-discovery programme for spiritual, heart centred women who want more confidence, self-belief and self-esteem.
Confidence, self-belief, worry, anxiety, self-esteem and self-worth. No stone is left unturned.
For more about Gina’s Soul Quest™ visit http://www.ginabattye.com