1. Eat a balanced, healthy diet.
2. Consider the sport you are engaging in. Your body has different requirements for different activities. For example: If you are engaging in lower intensity workouts and sports, you need more fat in your diet. If you are engaging in high intensity sports, you need more carbohydrates in your diet.
3. Know the 5 Phases of Eating. Remember it with the acronym: FIT-MR(S). Fuel Up, In Activity, Top Up, Mend, Recover (S for effect…). Know what your body needs at the different phases. This depends on the sport you are engaging in.
4. Stay away from commercial sports drinks. They contain things you really don’t want in your body! Especially when your body is primed to absorb everything you put in it. Instead make your own. It is really simple. Grab a bottle of water and add a splash of pure, unsweetened fruit juice.
5. Stay away from protein supplements. These also contain nasties that you don’t want in your body! Instead eat a healthy, balanced diet and incorporate plant AND animal based proteins. This will ensure your body is getting the whole spectrum of amino acids it needs.
6. Prepare in advance for your event. Practice your routine in the lead up to the event. This will make sure you don’t have any surprises on the day and will ensure your body is used to the routine. Train at the same time of the day as the event. Practice stepping through the 5 phases as you would on the day. Play around with different foods BEFORE the day.
What changes could you make to your eating and routine to maximise your sporting performance?
ABOUT GINA BATTYE
Described as “Britain’s equivalent to Oprah Winfrey”, Gina Battye is one of the world’s hottest rising stars.
Gina is an internationally sought after & award-winning spiritual teacher & author, creator of Soul Quest™ and THE LGBTQ advocate in the spiritual world.
Gina Battye is here to do the Soul Work with those that are ready to begin their journey to discover who they really are.
Soul Quest™ is a 6 month, hands-on self-discovery programme for spiritual, heart centred women who want more confidence, self-belief and self-esteem.
Confidence, self-belief, worry, anxiety, self-esteem and self-worth. No stone is left unturned.
For more about Gina’s Soul Quest™ visit http://www.ginabattye.com