Do you have a friend or relative that has an eating disorder?
Whether it is Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa or even a Binge Eating disorder, it can be treated and a healthy lifestyle and weight restored.
The sooner the disorder is diagnosed and treated, the better the outcome is likely to be.
Once they have professional intervention, they will need your support
Here are 5 ways you can help:
- Take time to listen, even though it may be trivial or insignificant to you. Express your continued support.
- Talk openly and honestly about concerns. Do so in a loving and supportive way.
- Focus on personality and positive character qualities, achievements and progress. Show them all the good in their life.
- Encourage them to accept support and express feelings, to you or to others.
- Include them in normal activities and invitations.
All these ideas will make a difference to your friend or relative, whether they express it to you or not.
ABOUT GINA BATTYE
Described as “Britain’s equivalent to Oprah Winfrey”, Gina Battye is one of the world’s hottest rising stars.
Gina is an internationally sought after & award-winning spiritual teacher & author, creator of Soul Quest™ and THE LGBTQ advocate in the spiritual world.
Gina Battye is here to do the Soul Work with those that are ready to begin their journey to discover who they really are.
Soul Quest™ is a 6 month, hands-on self-discovery programme for spiritual, heart centred women who want more confidence, self-belief and self-esteem.
Confidence, self-belief, worry, anxiety, self-esteem and self-worth. No stone is left unturned.
For more about Gina’s Soul Quest™ visit http://www.ginabattye.com