1. The 80 – 20 rule. Forget about dieting, calorie counting & restriction of foods. These will only make you crave foods and put more weight back on. Instead, live by the 80-20 rule. It is really simple. 80% of the time you eat healthily, 20% of the time you eat whatever you want.
2. Eat regularly. Your body needs to know that it will be fed regularly. If not, it will think it is being starved and will go into the starvation response. This is where your body will hold onto every little thing in it to ensure you can survive the famine. If you eat regularly, your body knows when to expect more so it can process it and not hold any back.
3. Plan ahead. The key to eating well is to plan ahead and to prepare food in advance. Let me give you an example here. If you know you are going to be in the office all day at your desk, make sure you take a lunch with you and adequate snacks to keep you going throughout the day. Choose foods you can eat easily at your desk. Leave the pomegranate at home…
4. Eat when you are hungry. Learn to read the signs your body is giving you and act upon them. Don’t suppress your hunger.
5. Always eat breakfast. It will set you up for the day and kick-start your metabolism.
6. Introduce snacks in between ‘main’ meals. This will even out your blood sugar levels over the day and make sure you don’t get the biscuit tin blues!
7. Slow down when you eat. After every mouthful, place your knife and fork down on the table. Slowing down will enable your mind to catch up with your belly! The message from your belly to your mind is a little slower than most people would like.
Now, over to you.
Think about how you can implement these 7 tips in to your daily life.
Start with one of them and slowly introduce the others until they become ingrained in your subconscious.
You will notice the difference in your health and happiness very quickly.
ABOUT GINA BATTYE
Described as “Britain’s equivalent to Oprah Winfrey”, Gina Battye is one of the world’s hottest rising stars.
Gina is an internationally sought after & award-winning spiritual teacher & author, creator of Soul Quest™ and THE LGBTQ advocate in the spiritual world.
Gina Battye is here to do the Soul Work with those that are ready to begin their journey to discover who they really are.
Soul Quest™ is a 6 month, hands-on self-discovery programme for spiritual, heart centred women who want more confidence, self-belief and self-esteem.
Confidence, self-belief, worry, anxiety, self-esteem and self-worth. No stone is left unturned.
For more about Gina’s Soul Quest™ visit http://www.ginabattye.com