Here are 6 foods (and drinks) that will reduce stress:
- Water. All of your organs, including your brain, need water to function properly. If you’re dehydrated, your body wont be running as good as it could and that can lead to stress. Staying well hydrated throughout the day can keep your stress levels down and will make sure everything that needs water in your body is functioning the way it should. Grab a glass of water as often as you can throughout the day.
- Avocado. The mono-unsaturated fats and potassium they contain help lower blood pressure. Try it sliced up on your sandwich, in your salad or have it as a snack. It contains fat so don’t eat a whole one in one go!
- Chamomile tea. A gentle relaxant that acts as a nerve tonic and a sleeping aid. Why not swap your cup of coffee for a lovely warm cup of relaxing chamomile tea?
- Dark chocolate. I can hear the silent ‘yes!’ that this news will bring… Dark chocolate contains sugar so it releases serotonin (the ‘happy hormone’) into the body and it is known to lower levels of stress hormones.
- Fresh vegetables. Crunching on carrots, celery and other fresh raw vegetables helps to beat stress as well as provide your body with the vitamins and minerals it needs for a healthy diet.
- Fresh fruit. Berries are a really great option to help reduce stress. Try out a handful of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries or blackberries as a snack. Citrus fruits (such as an orange) are a good option too. They contain vitamin C which is well known for its stress reducing properties.
A couple of other things to mention:
Avoid food and drinks that will cause spikes and dips in your blood sugar levels. This will simply trigger and aggravate stress further.
Key ones to stay away from:
- Caffeine drinks (tea, coffee, energy drinks, soft drinks)
- Fast food & takeaways
Plan out your meals and snacks so you know what you will eat throughout the day. That way you will be able to keep your blood sugar levels even, which helps to regulate concentration and moods. Take foods with you if you know you wont be able to find healthy options on the go.
Make the choice to nourish your body by eating a healthy, balanced diet; wherever you are and whatever you are doing.
ABOUT GINA BATTYE
Described as “Britain’s equivalent to Oprah Winfrey”, Gina Battye is one of the world’s hottest rising stars.
Gina is an internationally sought after & award-winning spiritual teacher & author, creator of Soul Quest™ and THE LGBTQ advocate in the spiritual world.
Gina Battye is here to do the Soul Work with those that are ready to begin their journey to discover who they really are.
Soul Quest™ is a 6 month, hands-on self-discovery programme for spiritual, heart centred women who want more confidence, self-belief and self-esteem.
Confidence, self-belief, worry, anxiety, self-esteem and self-worth. No stone is left unturned.
For more about Gina’s Soul Quest™ visit http://www.ginabattye.com